THE RACE BEGINS

image45

Dr. Winston & Mrs. Nunes an accomplished pianist were the founders of Broadview Faith Temple Church and served continuously from June 7 1967 until 1999.

Dr. Winston Nunes was an Evangelist, Pastor and Bible Teacher and traveled extensively throughout the world. He held the position of General Secretary of Elim U.S and Vice President of Elim Canada, and was a regular guest on 100 Huntley St and Benny Hinn Ministries TV programs. 

CARRYING THE SECOND LEG...

image46

Pastors Errol & Lynette
Pastor Alchin took over the helm of BFTC in 1997. At that time Pastor Alchin was seconded from the position of President of Elim Fellowship Canada. Initially his placement was on an interim basis until a replacement for Pastors Nunes could be found. God had other plans and Pastors Alchins’ remained from 1997 until November 2008.
Pastor Errol Alchin held the position as President Emeritus of Elim Fellowship Canada.

Well done faithful servant!
With great sadness for the earthly loss in June 2013 Pastor Alchin went to be with the Lord.

OUR CHURCH BUILDING HISTORY

The property at 296 Broadview Avenue is anchoring the southwest corner of Broadview Avenue and Mount Stephen Street, the site contains the building historically known as Broadview Avenue Congregational Church (1894). The church is an institution of historical importance in Riverdale, the community on the east bank of the Don River where a group of Congregationalists first established a mission in 1881. 


The building is an unusual but significant example of a late 19th century church where the pointed-arched openings and buttresses identified with Neo-Gothic styling are combined with a distinctive and large-scaled cross-gable roof with mock timber framing that illustrates the influence of the Arts and Crafts Movement.
Broadview Avenue Congregational Church is the oldest known extant religious building in Toronto designed by the important architect E. J. Lennox. While best known for his designs for Toronto’s Old City Hall (completed 1899) and the iconic Casa Loma (completed 1914). 


E.J Lennox had a long and distinguished career during which he accepted commissions for a range of building types and styles, including churches and Sunday Schools in the city. (Urban Design, City Planning Division October 4th 2012 )

Broadview Faith Temple Church is honoured to be a part of this legacy and continue the tradition of a community church on this corner. We currently hold the distinction of being the only remaining example of a Church built by E.J Lennox in our beautiful city this architects superb work is a must see.


WE LOVE VISITORS COME AND TAKE A LOOK